I. Project Name
Holistic Design for New School Building, Kindergarten and a Cultural Centre for the Jewish Community in Bulgaria
II. Project Overview
OJB “Shalom” is about to undertake its most significant and large-scale construction project – creating an unified building complex to house the Ronald Lauder School, Gan Balagan Kindergarten and the new home for the Jewish Community Centre in Sofia and Shalom headquarters.
The competition site with 68134.303.341 Indicator is property of Sofia Municipality (Municipal private ownership).
According to the current Masterplan of the city of Sofia and Sofia Municipality the competition plot is in Service zone – “High-density services” (“за Оо”) (approved with Decision № 960/16.12.2009 by the Council of Ministers of Republic of Bulgaria) . Тhe current Detailed Development Plan includes the following planning specifications for the competition plot (See the Attached Documentation):
• The Total area of the competition plot is 8 238 m2.
• The Maximum Built-up Density: 40% of the total competition plot area.
• The Maximum Intensity of Construction (Кинт): 1.2
• The Minimum Obligatory Green Area: 20% of the competition plot area. The entries must strive to preserve the existing trees and landscape (see “Greenery” section).
• The Maximum Building Height must be less than 20 m (H<20m).
• Connected building in two adjacent plots (Свързано застрояване в два съседни имота с УПИ VIII-80 “за Оо и Жс”). The building height must be less than 20 m (H<20m).
• The underground area: maximum a total of approx. 5500 m2 in two underground levels, but the investor does not wish to build more than 1200 m2 underground area!
All necessary information is described in the Request of proposal and attached documents.
All the documents, Team portfolio, fee proposal, references and etc. must be send on electronic format (.pdf) on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
III. Design Contents
- BUILDING PROJECT DESIGN:
1.1. PRELIMINARY CONCEPT
1.2. FINAL CONCEPT
1.3. TECHNICAL PROJECT
1.4. MEDIATION TOWARDS APPROVING AUTHORITIES
- INTERIOR DESIGN
2.1. INTERIOR CONCEPT
2.2. INTERIOR PROJECT
- CO-CREATION AND FEEDBACK
IV. Project Budget
The allocated budget for the construction of the whole building is 12 000 000 leva excluding VAT.
V. Application Requirements
6.1 This call for proposal is open to all. Domestic and overseas design companies or organizations with legal business registration may apply for participation.
6.2 Joint groups are permitted. Individual applications or teams of individuals will not be accepted.
6.3 Joint groups shall meet the following requirements：
One joint group shall include no more than 3 firms;
Each member of the joint group shall not further apply alone or participate by joining another group with other design organizations.
The joint group member shall sign the Joint Group Agreement legally and specify the leading member, as well as work distribution in each design stage and their share of rights and interests.
VI. Time Schedule
ACTIVITIES & DEADLINES
Call for RFP – 1 October 2020
Site visit – 12 October 2020
Receive proposal – 26 October 2020
Result notification – 6 November 2020
Contract – 30 November 2020
VII. Inquiry of Information
Download the Request of Proposal and Attached Documents from the Tender Announcement Section of OJB SHALOM:
Download the Request of Proposal, Attached Documents and Q&A from the Tender Announcement Section of OJB SHALOM:
VIII. Contact Information
Contact information: +359 899 908012